Tierra Resources is a one-stop-shop for landowners who have a strong desire to restore coastal wetland ecosystems and need to understand how to monetize wetland carbon offset credits. Tierra Resources’ in-house team of wetland carbon experts are industry leaders with demonstrated experience in each step of the wetland carbon project cycle. By partnering with local landowners, Tierra Resources is now planning and implementing projects to restore degraded wetlands. The Climate Trust, a non-profit organization that has funded and contracted more than 3 million carbon credits since 2001, is working together with Tierra Resources to market these carbon projects.
How Landowner Partnership Works?
Our team of wetland and carbon finance experts work directly with landowners to determine if their property qualifies to receive carbon offset credits, the number of carbon offset credits they can expect to receive each year, and the current market value of their carbon offset stream. If a project is deemed to be financially feasible, Tierra Resources secures funding to have a wetland restoration project developed and approved, manages the implementation of the wetland restoration practice, and, in conjunction with the landowner, determines when and how to sell the wetland carbon offset credits.
Partnership Benefits to the Landowner
- Free initial assessment of carbon credit revenue potential
- Professional input on your property’s potential for wetland restoration projects
- Wetland restoration of your land at little or no cost to you
- Revenue from the sale of wetland carbon credits
- Additional environmental and potential economic benefits from wetland restoration, such as improved wildlife habitat and property value
- A better understanding of environmental crediting policies for wetlands and steps for developing a commercial carbon project
- Improving your wetland property increases the sustainability of the region at large