Tierra Resources can position land trusts and landowners to protect their interests and pursue emerging environmental carbon trading markets. We offer turn-key approaches to wetland carbon offset credit projects and are responsible for each step in the process that leads to carbon credit revenues. Using our in-house industry experts, we perform the following steps:
- Wetland Restoration Carbon Offset Project Feasibility Studies Working with leading modelers, biologists, ecologists, bio-geochemists, hydrologists, and engineers, Tierra Resources analyzes property parcels, wetland management activities, and wetland restoration potential to predict wetland emissions and sinks and the potential to monetize wetland carbon offsets.
- Wetland Restoration Carbon Offset Management Strategies Working with large landowners and managers, Tierra Resources’ in-house team identifies and helps clients adopt new management or conservation practices that are eligible for carbon finance.
- Project Carbon Registry/Protocol Selection Tierra Resources identifies the optimal carbon registry and protocol that a project should be developed under (e.g., ARB, CAR, ACR, or VCS).
- Wetland Conservation and Restoration Carbon Offset Project Funding Mechanisms Tierra Resources secures funding to implement the project and fund on-going monitoring.
- Wetland Restoration Carbon Offset Project Plan Development and Submission Tierra Resources develops a project plan that details the wetland restoration activity and the on-going monitoring that will take place, and submits the project plan to the chosen carbon registry.
- Wetland Restoration Carbon Offset Project Third Party Verification Tierra Resources will hire a third-party project verifier once the plan is accepted and registered.
- Wetland Restoration Carbon Offset Project Implementation Tierra Resources manages the implementation of wetland restoration practices leading to the removal of CO2 and other environmental benefits. Tierra Resources continues to monitor the project over time.
- Wetland Restoration Carbon Offset Project Verification Submission to Carbon Registry Wetland carbon sequestration will be monitored over time and periodically verified by a third-party certifier, which includes several site visits for measurement. Following each successful verification, carbon credits are issued to the project and can be sold in the carbon market.
- Market and Sell Project Carbon Credits Tierra Resources will market and sell the carbon offsets. Revenue from carbon credit sales covers costs of project development and is shared between Tierra Resources and the landowner.
To learn if your project or property meets the eligibility criteria or find out how to participate in a project with no cost or obligation, contact us.